Pregnancy is a beautiful part of life, but it can also be a physically and mentally gruelling experience at times. New methods of relieving strain, stress and discomfort are always being devised, and there are few better options than pre and post-natal massage. This treatment manipulates muscles and other soft tissues, easing soreness and anxiety in addition to improving circulation, enhancing sleep quality and relaxing the mind. This blog post contains more details about the physiological and psychological benefits of relax massage therapy for every stage of pregnancy.
Pre-Natal Massage Benefits
Pre-natal massage has many benefits, especially in the latter stages of pregnancy when weight gain and other bodily changes can cause physical and mental strain. Pre-natal massage can help to:
- Regulate hormone levels, increasing serotonin and dopamine while reducing cortisol. This can help to decrease stress and anxiety while improving mood.
- Boost the circulatory system, improving blood flow between the mother and the baby. This can also make the lymphatic system work more efficiently by reducing the build-up of fluids around joints, reducing swelling.
- Relieve inflammation of the nerves, releasing tension in nearby muscles. This reduces strain on the body that can lead to headaches, neck pain, back pain, sciatica and cramping.
Post-Natal Massage Benefits
The effects and changes of pregnancy can linger after childbirth. Post-natal massage in Melbourne aims to restore and realign the body in various ways, including:
- Relieving pressure on varicose veins and soreness or tension in other parts of the body
- Improving uterus recovery, helping it go back to its pre-pregnancy size
- Releasing endorphins to relieve headaches, ease fatigue and promote better sleep
- Increasing prolactin levels for better lactation and improved newborn suckling
Book Pre and Post Natal Massage Today
Make Melbourne Fertility Wellness your first choice for pre-natal or post-natal massage in Melbourne. Get in touch with us at your earliest convenience to learn more about what we can do and how we can help. Simply call us on 0431 372 747, send an email or fill out our online enquiry form.